Once again, Herminia Fortuny has given us one of her wonderful recipes. This is a typical Menorcan recipe and is perfect to make in the summer when the aubergines are in season.
- 2 aubergines
- 2 large onions
- 1 large green pepper
- 2 medium sized ripe tomatoes
- garlic and chopped parsley
- Remove the stalk and cut the aubergines in half lengthwise.
- Boil in plenty of water and salt for about 40 minutes.
- When they are boiled, let them drain a minimum of 3 hours, to release all the water.
- Once well drained, take the pulp out with a spoon being very careful not to break the skin.
- Oil an oven proof dish and place the empty aubergine skins in it and put to one side.
- Chop the onions finely and fry in olive oil.
- When the onion is transparent, add the green pepper and the peeled tomatoes, all chopped into very small pieces. Also add a couple of large chopped garlic cloves, chopped parsley and the aubergine pulp.
- Sauté everything and season to taste.
- Once cooked, fill the aubergines with this mixture.
- Top with breadcrumbs, mixed with garlic and chopped parsley and sprinkle with olive oil.
- Bake at 180 degrees for about 40 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden.